I have a new project, sugarfilled, a brand umbrella and consultancy that is essentially the combined forces of Carissa Byers and myself. Between the two of us, we have all the creative and technical skills any small business or team might need to create their image, online and off. Brand ideation, logo design, photography, copywriting, web design, and web development. Lots more can be found out at the site, which I must add is still a work in progress...there are lots of goodies yet to come.
This blog will become more active and a place for me to jot down thoughts regarding the social and psychological aspects of the web and branding in an always-connected, always-consuming world. The name and description have been updated accordingly. (As for how long it will stay on blogger I can't say. I do have my own CMS dog food to eat. This blog has just happened to live on Blogger since forever.)
To those who might be reading this post on Sugarfilled, hello! This is one of the blogs that the sugar feed is drawing from.
Friday, February 22, 2008
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Just very well articulated is all. This blog may have a lot more of this kind of stuff on it henceforth, as the threads of hypernarrative, storytelling as a cultural practice, and the "cultural" bits of commerce and business all begin to intersect, both in my own experience and within the general trend of online idea exchange. e.g. the fact that most ARGs are really just marketing campaigns.
Also, this is one of the sources pulled for the Sugarfilled feed.
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
A fairly comprehensive list of what Twitter is from "A MSc research on the one thing Twitter asks; what are you doing?"
Twitter is more a network than an application. If you ask around you will notice that most people are using different interfaces on different platforms and clients. Because of the API connecting to the network adapts to your preferred way of working....And some recent Twitter apps and news I've bookmarked:
- Is easy accessible
- Is live
- Forces you to focus
- Is broken conversation
- Is open conversation
- Is spam free, like RSS (subscription based)
- Is a network
- Is synchronous / asynchronous
- Is a black hole
- Is a time capsule
- Is a centralized network
- Changes public / privacy
- Is a knowledge base
- Is very unstable
- Is making it very difficult for search engines
- Is platform independent
- Qwitter helps track how much you smoke in order to help you quit
- Commuter Feed puts traffic reporting in the hands of the people
- Twitter Karma lets you know which of your Twitter connections are mutual
- Thumbs Race as Japan's Best Sellers Go Cellular (New York Times): "Of last year’s 10 best-selling novels, five were originally cellphone novels, mostly love stories written in the short sentences characteristic of text messaging but containing little of the plotting or character development found in traditional novels." This is a Twitter app waiting to happen, there are already sites in .jp that help capture cellphone novels.
- Tweetgift lets you send virtual gifts to friends over Twitter
- plusplus bot lets you rate things quickly over Twitter